Kenneth McQuaid, MD, FASGE spoke with DDW TV about the exciting things presented by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Program at DDW 2014. View the information below for additional information and videos of 2014 ASGE programming.
Practice of Endoscopy in 2014: Integration of Science, Art and Technology
The ASGE Annual Postgraduate Course featured:
- Didactic, interactive and video-based discussions from internationally renowned experts on the approach to common clinical challenges and controversies related to gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- A variety of gastrointestinal conditions will be discussed, including Barrett’s esophagus, luminal neoplasia, gastrointestinal bleeding, colon polyps, pancreaticobiliary diseases and endoscopic complications.
- New for 2014: Real-time demonstrations of techniques on in vivo pig models, transmitted from the ASGE Institute for Training and Technology (IT&T).
- 8.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Registration fee included syllabus, continental breakfast, lunch and beverages.
For complete details about the agenda, please refer to the course brochure, or visit the ASGE website at www.asge.org/ddw. Betsy Rodriguez, MD, gave an overview to DDW TV of the annual ASGE Postgraduate Course that took place at DDW 2014.
These two-and-a-half hour sessions provided an opportunity for participants to interact with expert faculty as they demonstrated techniques in the following areas:
- Hemorrhoid Therapies (HW1)
- EMR/ESD (HW2)
- Suturing, Closures and Managing Procedural Adverse Events (HW3)
- Luminal Stenting and Ablation (HW4)
- Barrett’s Ablation (HW5)
- ECRP (HW6)
This two-hour, case-based session was intended to assist current practitioners in advancing their skills in capsule endoscopy.
ASGE/AGA Presidential Plenary Session
ASGE and AGA presented the most novel and innovative research in gastroenterology and GI endoscopy at this collaborative session.
DDW TV conducted a joint interview with AGA President Anil Rustgi, MD, AGAF, and ASGE President Kenneth Wang, MD, FASGE, about the second annual ASGE/AGA Joint Presidential Plenary Session at DDW 2014. Watch video.
ASGE Clinical Symposia and Special Sessions
ASGE Endoscopic Video Forum
The ASGE Endoscopic Video Forum featured peer-reviewed videos that demonstrated the most innovative endoscopic techniques and unusual cases from around the world.
ASGE World Cup of Endoscopy
ASGE’s fourth annual World Cup of Endoscopy featured leading videos representing different countries. All selected videos were presented and scored by a panel of international judges live at DDW!
ASGE Fellows Networking Session
This session offered trainees an opportunity to network with ASGE leaders and discuss topics specifically of interest to trainees.
ASGE Learning Center
The ASGE Learning Center provided DDW attendees with the opportunity to view complete educational endoscopic videos and earn CME for free, as well as attend hands-on endoscopic demonstrations. This year, the ASGE Store, which featured a full selection of ASGE products and logo merchandise, was located in the ASGE Learning Center.
DDW TV asked participants what they found most useful at the ASGE Learning Center during DDW® 2014. Watch video.