Thank you for agreeing to moderate a session at Digestive Disease Week 2015. Your responsibilities prior to and during your session are outlined below.
- Register for DDW.
- Review your DDW session details and invitations.
- Review any conflicts of interest.
- Prepare for DDW.
- Moderate at DDW.
Moderators are not automatically registered for DDW scientific sessions or housing (unless noted otherwise in your invitation). All moderators (members and non-members) must register for DDW 2015 and pay the appropriate registration fees. Register now!
Additionally, moderators must secure their own housing and travel arrangements (unless noted otherwise in your invitation).
Log into the speaker management system to review specific details regarding your invitations for sessions at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Learn how to view your invitations and how to download the details to your calendar by viewing this video.
As providers of CME credit, the DDW sponsoring societies are required to identify and resolve potential conflicts of interest (COI) for all sessions in advance of an educational activity. The potential for a conflict exists when the presenter has a financial relationship with a commercial company relevant to the content they are presenting. As the session moderator, it is your responsibility to review the disclosures of your presenters and resolve any potential conflicts in one of the following ways:
- Review the financial relationships and determine that they are not relevant to the content of the session.
- Review the presentation or presentation content to ensure that the content is not commercially biased, and all conclusions are supported by cited evidence.
- Determine that faculty will not be presenting any clinical recommendations relevant to their financial relationships.
- Recommend a change in faculty if the conflict cannot be resolved.
You will receive instructions by email to review potential conflicts of interest if a speaker in the session you are scheduled to moderate has indicated that he or she has a relevant disclosure.
Moderators may access the DDW presentation upload site to submit slides and review presentation slides submitted by speakers in their session. Please note that slides are only available for viewing if presenters have submitted slides in advance of the meeting. To see the slides for your session, visit http://ddw2015.sessionupload.com. If you have any difficulty logging into the site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moderators of abstract-based sessions will have access to the full-text abstracts prior to DDW. Moderators will receive email from email@example.com containing a link to the abstracts organized by session. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with accessing the abstracts for your session.
Your role as moderator is key to the success of your session. Responsibilities of a moderator are as follows:
- During presentations, ensure presenters with potential conflicts of interest adhere to the best available evidence. The potential for a conflict exists when involvement with a commercial interest includes one or more of the following: salary, royalty, research support, consulting fee, etc.
- Remind audience members that the use of recording devices such as video recorders, cameras, cell phones, etc. is strictly prohibited during the session.
- Encourage attendees to move to the front of the room if there are empty seats there and the session is filling up.
- Be familiar with DDW's Presentation Management System, including the A/V operation of the session's walk-in slides and presentations.
- Ensure that all presenters adhere to their allocated times so that Q&A reserved for attendees is preserved.
- Prepare to ask questions of the presenters to stimulate discussion if attendee questions are sparse.
Speaker Ready Room
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Friday, May 15: Noon–8 p.m.
Saturday, May 16 to Tuesday, May 19: 6:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Moderators who will be using their own slides during their sessions are asked to visit the Speaker Ready Room at least 24 hours in advance of their sessions to upload their slides or to review slides already submitted via the DDW presentation upload website. Technicians will be available to answer questions about the equipment and ensure that all slides are properly formatted.
During Your Session
Please arrive at your meeting room 15 minutes before the start of your session. When you enter the room and view the room computer screen, you will see listing of all scheduled presentations for your session.
If you have any difficulties or experience technical problems during your session, click the REQUEST ASSISTANCE button (denoted by a red flag) and a technician will immediately be sent to your room.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about your session.