Exhibitor Media Policies
- All exhibiting companies and their third party planners are expected to comply with all rules and regulations set forth by DDW® Administration.
- DDW Administration is the designated agent to handle all media relations for DDW. No other newsrooms are permitted.
- DDW Administration will not share lists of media registered for DDW 2014 or lists of media who have attended in previous years.
- The DDW Newsroom is only open to the working press. Exhibitors and public relations professionals are not permitted in the Newsroom.
- DDW has a presence on Twitter for DDW 2014. Use the hashtag #DDW14 when discussing news and activities occurring during the meeting.
Exhibitor Press Materials Distributed in the DDW Newsroom
Companies registered as exhibitors for DDW 2014 can display press materials in a designated “Exhibitor News” area of the DDW Newsroom. In order to display materials, the following guidelines must be followed:
- All exhibitor press materials must focus on research presented as part of the DDW program.
- Press materials must be clearly marked with the abstract number(s) and the embargo date and time, adhering to the DDW embargo policy: All data presented at DDW is embargoed for the beginning of its presentation time or an official DDW press conference, whichever occurs first.
- The DDW embargo lifts at the beginning of the presentation, not the beginning of the session. For example: A presentation given from 10:15-10:30 a.m. during a session scheduled from 10 – 11 a.m., would be embargoed for 10:15 a.m.
- If data is featured in an official DDW press conference that occurs before the data’s scientific presentation or poster session, the embargo lifts at the beginning of the DDW press conference.
- All posters are embargoed for 8 a.m. (CT) the day the poster is presented.
- All exhibitor press materials on research presented at DDW must give attribution to DDW and its sponsoring societies with the following boilerplate:
Digestive Disease Week® (DDW®) is the largest international gathering of physicians, researchers and academics in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal surgery. Jointly sponsored by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD), the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) Institute, the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) and the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT), DDW takes place May 3 – 6, 2014, at McCormick Place, Chicago, IL. The meeting showcases more than 5,000 abstracts and hundreds of lectures on the latest advances in GI research, medicine and technology. More information can be found at www.ddw.org.
- Use of the DDW logo on exhibitor press materials is prohibited without the express written consent of DDW Administration. For more information, contact the DDW marketing manager Alison Moser by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prior to display in the DDW Newsroom, all exhibitor materials must be reviewed and approved by DDW Administration. Exhibitors who submit press materials by close of business on Monday, April 21, 2014, will be provided edits and/or approval via e-mail by Monday, April 28, 2014. Materials not submitted by the April 21 deadline must be reviewed onsite as time allows. Onsite review is not guaranteed. Send an electronic copy of materials for review to email@example.com.
- Onsite, exhibitors should deliver 75 copies of approved press materials to the DDW Newsroom. All unused materials will be discarded unless claimed by 5 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, May 6, 2014.
Access to Official DDW Press Conferences
- Attendance at official DDW Press conferences is limited to guests invited by presenters and two representatives of any company that manufactures or markets a drug or device that is the topic of a data presentation during the press conference.
- Any company representative wishing to attend a DDW press conference must check in with the DDW Newsroom the morning of the conference.
- Only media representatives may ask questions during press conferences.
- Guests of presenters and company representatives may not approach media in the press conference room.
Exhibitor Press Conference Outside of McCormick Place
- Press conferences held at DDW by exhibitors and groups other than DDW Administration are called "outside press conferences,” and may not be held at the same time as official DDW press conferences.
- Outside press conferences may not be promoted to press via the DDW Newsroom or exhibitor news area.
- Groups planning to hold outside press conferences must inform the DDW Newsroom of their plans.
- To secure space for an outside press conference, first inform DDW Administration via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Second, submit a meeting space request form at https://secure.gastro.org/ddwforms/ddwmeetingspacerequest2011.asp.
Submit questions to email@example.com. Please check the DDW website regularly for updates.